- 1080p HD Video
- 2” LCD Screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- Drift DataLinkTM WiFi & App
- Drift Active StatusTM Two-Way Remote
- Drift FlashbackTM Video Tag/Loop
- 170° /127° /90° Adjustable FOV
Drift HD Ghost Action Camera
Drift Innovation, the award-winning action sports technology company specializing in the capture and sharing of digital imagery, launched the most feature-rich and intuitive action camera yet – the Drift HD Ghost. Building upon a unique feature set, which includes an industry-first two-way LED remote control with on/off indicator light, video recording/tagging capabilities in continuous loop mode, and an integrated 2-inch Corning® Gorilla® Glass LCD screen, the Drift HD Ghost is the best all-in-one solution on the market. Unlike other point of view cameras that require after-market accessories and peripherals for functionality, the Drift HD Ghost includes everything action sports enthusiasts need to capture professional quality video immediately. Plus, the intuitive interface is easy to use, easy to navigate and easy to set up, so users everywhere can begin recording moments after opening the box.
Drift Active StatusTM Two-Way Remote with LED Lights The Drift HD Ghost is the only action camera packaged standard with a wearable on/off remote control with LEDs and wrist strap. The strategically placed LED lights on the remote instantly communicate the mode currently in use displaying a color-coded system indicating Video, Photo, Timelapse or Photoburst modes. The remote also streamlines functionality by allowing users to take photos and change function modes from up to 30 feet (10m) away, as well as to start and stop recording. This saves precious memory space and battery life so you can capture a full day of activities without wasting time.
Drift FlashbackTM Video Tag/Loop Action sports enthusiasts can save a recorded event up to five minutes after it happens while in Video Tag/Loop mode, which records footage in a continuous loop style. The video clip is stored in the camera’s memory, and will save the clip only if the user chooses to “tag” it.
Built-In 2-Inch LCD Screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass The screen allows quick, real-time viewing of camera angles before you even press record. It also supports instant video playback of recorded footage, making it easier than ever to edit, delete and re-live your favorite actions whenever, and where ever, you want. Plus, its screen is covered with Corning® Gorilla® Glass to ensure scratch-resistant performance even in the most rugged terrains.
Drift DataLinkTM Wi-Fi Enabled & Drift App The Drift HD Ghost comes Wi-Fi-enabled to communicate instantly with smartphones. Combined with the Drift Mobile App (coming soon for Android) you can preview and line up a shot remotely from your phone, change camera settings, shot recording, photo capture and playback, directly through your mobile device. You can even download content from the camera to your smartphone instantly and share content wirelessly across your favorite social media platforms.
Drift PowerStationTM The Drift HD Ghost has the longest standard battery life on the market, providing 3 hours of recording time per charge, courtesy of the included 1700 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The Drift PowerStation™ also uniquely places the battery in the center of the camera maximizing battery life and providing an anti-vibrational system.
Advanced Drift PureTM Audio Technology The microphone features digital and mechanical dynamic modulation technology which offers the latest innovations in digital signal processing and wind-noise reduction to provide crystal clear audio. Standard in all Drift cameras are multiple sensitivity settings and an external 3.5mm microphone connector to further enhance the captured audio.
Enhanced 7 Element Lens Design The Drift HD Ghost boasts an upgraded lens design consisting of seven elements, ensuring optically pure performance whether filming in the Gobi desert or on top a high mountain peak. This guarantees the user high clarity, vibrantly colored, stunning HD video. While recording crystal clear HD video in a variety of resolutions (ranging from 1080p, 960p, 720p to WVGA), you can simultaneously shoot still photos without interrupting filming, so you never miss a moment.
3m (9 ft)waterproof without any housing The Drift HD Ghost features an improved design allowing the camera to be 3m (9 ft) waterproof out of the box. So whether surfing in Indonesia or kiteboarding on the Hood River, Drift has you covered. For deep water enthusiasts Drift offers a uniquely designed waterproof housing which allows you to capture underwater adventures up to 60m (180ft) depth (coming soon).
The 2-way remote is weatherproof, being able to stand splashes of water and eventual submersion in liquid for very short periods of time. Plus, the intuitive interface is easy to use, easy to navigate and easy to set up, so users everywhere can begin recording moments after opening the box.
- 1080p High Definition
- microSD Memory Capacity: up to 32GB
- 60fps in 720p, 120fps in VGA
- Still Photo: 11 megapixel with Photoburst Mode
- Drift Active StatusTM Two-Way Remote with LED Lights
- Drift FlashbackTM Video Tag/Loop
- Built-In 2-Inch LCD Screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- Drift DataLinkTM Wi-Fi Enabled & Drift App (coming soon)
- Advanced Drift PureTM Audio Technology
- Enhanced 7 Element Lens Design
- Lens Angle: 170° Fully Rotatable Wide Angle Lens (130° at 60fps)
- Digital Zoom: x10
- Water Proof to 3m (9.84ft)
- Remote Control: Wireless RF (10m range) Hands Free Video and Photo
- Mounts: Multiple Mounting Design, Standard 1/4″ 20 thread
- Audio: Built-in Microphone & Speaker, 3.5mm External Mic Input
- HDMI: Mini (Type c) HDMI connector for HDTV playback
- Menus: User Friendly Control Panel in 15 Languages
- Drift HD Ghost Professional Action Camera
- Two Way Remote Control
- Rear Connector Hatch
- Goggle Mount
- Curved and Flat Surface Mounts
- Universal Clip
- Velcro Strap
- 1700 mAH Rechargeable Battery
- USB Cable
- 3.5 mm Microphone Extension Cable
- Drift Bug Sticker
- Drift Logo Sticker
- Accessory Travel Case
- Quick Guide
- 1080p [1920x1080] – 25, 30 fps
- 960p [1280x960] – 25, 30, 48, 50 fps
- 720p [1280x720] – 25, 30, 50, 60 fps
- WVGA [848x480] – 25, 30, 50, 60, 100, 120
- File format: .Mp4 / .Mov (H.264 codec, selectable)
- Sensor type: CMOS
- Field of view: 170° (1080p, 960p, 720p, WVGA)
- Field of view: 127°, 90° (1080p)
- 11, 8, 5 megapixel Still Photos
- Lens focal range: 0.5m to infinity
- Lens rotation: 300°
- Zoom: x10 (digital)
- Exposure: Auto / Manual
- LCD Screen: 2.0″ TFT
- Waterproof: 3m (9.84ft)
- Microphone: Built-in, noise reducing microphone
- Built-in memory: 256MB
- Memory capacity: Micro SD memory cards up to 32GB
- Inputs: 3.5mm external microphone (extension included)
- Outputs: HDMI connector type C (cable not included)
- Connectivity: USB Plug and Play, mini-B USB connector
- Compatibility: Windows XP and up / Mac OS 10.2 and up
- Remote range: 10m (32.81ft)
- Radio frequency: 2.4G
- Camera dimensions: 105 (L) x 52 (W) x 33 (D) mm
- Camera Weight: 167g
- Camera Power: 1700mAH rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included) (DC 3.7V)
- Remote Control dimensions: 59 (L) x 48 (W) x 12 (D) mm
- Remote Control Weight: 22g
- Remote Control Power: 350mAH rechargeable lithium-ion battery (internal) (DC 3.7V)
Drift HD Ghost Manual
- What type of microSD Card does the camera support? The Drift HD Ghost supports microSD cards from all leading brands, but we recommend class 10 cards for video.
- What is the biggest microSD Card I can use? The Drift HD Ghost supports microSD cards with a capacity of up to 32GB.
- How does the remote control work? The remote control uses radio frequency (RF) to communicate directly with the camera unit. The remote is RF based, rather than infrared (IR), as used in other helmet cameras. As a result, you do not need to point the remote at the camera. As long as the remote is in range of the camera, it will pick up the remote control signal.
- Is the Drift 1-Way Remote Control compatible with the Drift HD Ghost?
No, the Drift HD Ghost only works with the Drift 2-Way Remote Control. However, and Drift HD Ghost camera can be setup to work with any Drift 2-Way Remote Control, not only the one provided in the box with the camera.
- Is there a replacement battery available for the 2-Way Remote Control?
No, the 2-Way Remote Control uses an internal lithium-ion battery that cannot be removed. The charge time of the battery is 2.5 hours and will run under constant use for 8 hours.
- How do I charge my HD Lithium-ion Battery? The Drift lithium-ion battery is designed to be charged inside the camera or in the battery charger (sold separately.) When a power source (wall plug (not supplied) or usb cable) are connected to the back of the camera, the camera will immediately charge as indicated by the Active Status Indicator blinking red. When the battery is completely charged the Active Status Indicator will go off. The camera can be run from a 12V source, without draining nor charging the battery.
- How far will the remote control work? The wireless remote control has a range of 10m.
- What are the dimensions of the video camera? The dimensions of the camera are 105 (L) x 52 (D) x 33 (W) mm and those of the remote control are 59 (L) x 48 (W) x 12 (D) mm.
- The videos and photos give me a slight fisheye effect. Is this right? Yes it is. We specifically selected a 170° lens to provide users with the really quirky wide angle that was prominent in the early days of helmet cameras, particularly in skateboarding. The effect is less pronounced on objects in the distance and more pronounced on objects close to the camera lens. If you prefer a tighter angle, you can use the camera’s zoom function, or change the lens angle in the video/photo mode settings
- How waterproof is the camera? The Drift HD Ghost is fully waterproof to 3m, allowing the camera to be fully submerged to this depth without incurring any damage or reduction in image quality. For most users this level of waterproof-ness is more than adequate. For those users who would like to use the camera in water sports or for scuba/snorkeling a Drift waterproof case will soon be available to allow the camera to be sed to a depth of 60m.
- Why is my 1080p footage jerky when I play it back on my computer? Raw HD footage requires a powerful computer with a good graphics card to playback smoothly. If you are experience jerky playback, we would advise testing the footage on a HD TV via the HDMI cable (not included): if the footage, if footage is smooth it is likely your computer does not have the required graphics Ram. If smooth playback is essential in this situation, please try recording in 720p. The minimum amount of dedicated graphics ram for 1080p playback is 256MB, however 512MB is preferred.
- Are all Drift Accessories and Mounts compatible with the Drift HD Ghost?
As a company heavily focused on design and user experience, we have engineered the HD Ghost so that it is compatible with all Drift Mounts and a large number of accessories, however due to changes in the shape and dimensions of the HD Ghost from its predecessors, several accessories are not compatible; Drift HD Waterproof Case, Drift HD Waterproof Case Lens Replacement Kit,Drift HD Lens Replacement Kit, Drift HD Silicon Skin, Drift HD Standard Battery, Drift HD Cradle Charger, Micro HDMI Cable, LED Cable, 2.5mm Microphone Extension Cable, Drift HD Remote Control Mount.
- Where is the product serial number?
The serial number for the HD Ghost can be found on the underside of the product packaging the camera was purchased in, or on the inside of the battery hatch of the camera under where the battery sits.
- Where can I get the full manual for the Drift HD Ghost? At Drift Innovation, we try to keep our impact on the environment down to minimum. As a result our cameras ship with only a short printed quick guide to save paper. The full user manual is available to download from here, Drift HD Ghost Manual