- 1080p High Definition Video
- up to 32GB Micro SD Memory Capacity
- 25 / 30 / 50 / 60 FPS in 720p
- 25 / 30 FPS in 1080p
- 9 Megapixel Still Photography
- ×4 Digital Zoom
- 170° Wide Angle Lens (130° at 50 and 60fps)
Drift HD Action Camera
The compact, durable, easy-to-use Drift HD action camera elevates the point of view camera market to a higher level with the feature-rich, multi-functional, professional helmet camera:
- Full HD video for creating crystal clear footage
- More compact housing, 4.1 inches and 5.04 oz., 25 percent smaller that its predecessor
- Rotatable, replaceable lens
- Second rear cover to protect the camera when using an external mic or a USB charger
- An integrated LCD screen for shot setup and playback
- Micro HDMI connector for HDTV playback
- A remote control to enable you to film what you want to record, not the boring stuff in between
- New goggle strap in addition to curved and flat adhesive mounts, paired with a universal clip for multiple mounting options
- Standard ¼″ 20 thread for use with most tripods
If that isn′t enough the Drift HD also has the following:
- A rotating lens so you can mount the camera at any angle and any position to get that shot you are looking for
- 9MP still photography; put it in the photo burst mode and you can take pictures every few seconds for as long as your memory card and battery lasts
- You can pair the remote control to your camera or any number of additional cameras
- A digital zoom function so you can get even closer to the action, or your friend in front
- A 2.5 microphone input for external microphones
- Optional waterproof case to take your Drift HD to depths of up to 30m
- Optional external power pack accessory, taking recording time up to 20hrs
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1080p High Definition
- microSD Memory Capacity: up to 32GB, class 4 or higher
- 25 / 30 / 50 / 60fps in 720p or 25 / 30fps in 1080p
- Still Photo: 9 megapixel with Photoburst Mode
- Digital Zoom: Digital x4 (in 1080p, 720p/30/60fps & WVGA mode)
- Lens Angle: 170° Fully Rotatable Wide Angle Lens (130° at 60fps)
- LCD Screen: 1.5″ Colour TFT
- Water Resistant
- Remote Control: Wireless RF (5m range) Hands Free Video and Photo
- Mounts: Multiple Mounting Design, Standard 1/4″ 20 thread
- Audio: Built-in Microphone & Speaker, 2.5mm Mono Plug Input
- HDMI: Micro HDMI connector for HDTV playback
- Menus: User Friendly Control Panel in 15 Languages
- Drift HD Action Camera
- Remote Control
- Rear Connector Hatch
- Goggle Mount
- Curved and Flat Surface Mounts
- Universal Clip
- Velcro Strap
- Rechargeable Battery
- USB Cable
- Quick Guide
- Sensor type: CMOS
- Water Resistant
- Video resolution: 1080p, 720p & WVGA
- Video format: H.264
- File format: .MOV
- 25 / 30 / 50 / 60fps in 720p or 25 / 30fps in 1080p
- Video format: 16:9
- Lens Rotation: 300°
- Recording Angles: 170° at 25 / 30 / 50fps / 130° at 60fps
- White balance: Auto
- Exposure: Auto / Manual (advanced users)
- Zoom: Digital x4 (in 720p / 30 / 60fps & WVGA mode)
- Remote range: 5m range
- Built-in Microphone
- Inputs: Optional External Microphone
- AV Output: HDTV out (HDMI cable not included)
- Battery: 1110mAh rechargeable lithium-ion
- Power-Save option saves batteries by powering down the screen
- microSD memory capacity: Supports memory cards up to 32 GB
- Photo resolution: 9 Megapixel
- LCD screen: 1.5″ colour TFT
- Lens focal range: 0.5m to infinity
Camera – 4.1 inches or 104.14 mm (L) x 50 (D) x 33 (W) mm
Remote Control – 52 (L) x 40 (W) x 13 (D) mm
Camera – 1110mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included); DC 3.7V
Remote control – DC 3C, 1x CR2032 battery (included)
- RF: Receiver (Camera): 433.92MHz ISM band / Transmitter (Remote): 433.92MHz ISM band
- Weight: Camera – 5.04 oz. or 143 g / Remote control – 19 g
- Operating Systems: Compatible with Windows 7, XP & Vista; Mac OS 10.7
Testimonials & Reviews
Drift HD Review with RevZilla.com
Wide Open Drift HD Review
Drift HD Review with Bryan Rogers
Drift HD Review
World Wide Web
Drift HD Manual
- Choose File
- Drift HD Manual [English]
- Drift HD Manual [French]
- Drift HD Manual [Romanian]
- Drift HD Quick Guide (English)
- Drift HD Quick Guide (French)
- Drift HD Quick Guide (German)
- Drift HD Quick Guide (Italian)
- Drift HD Quick Guide (Portugese)
- Drift HD Quick Guide (Spanish)
- Drift HD Quick Guide (Swedish)
- Drift HD Quick Guide (Finnish)
- What type of microSD Card does the camera support?
The Drift HD supports microSD cards from all leading brands, but we recommend class 4 cards for video.
- What is the biggest microSD Card I can use?
The Drift HD supports microSD cards with a capacity of up to 32GB.
- How does the remote control work?
The remote control uses radio frequency (RF) to communicate directly with the camera unit.The remote is RF based, rather than infrared (IR), as used in other helmet cameras. As a result, you do not need to point the remote at the camera. As long as the remote is in range of the camera, it will pick up the remote control signal.
- How do I charge my HD Lithium Battery?
The Drift lithium battery is designed to be charged inside the camera or in the battery charger (sold separately.) When a power source (wall plug (not supplied) or usb cable) are connected to the back of the camera, the camera will immediately charge as indicated by the blue LED. When the battery is completely charged the blue LED will go off. The camera can be run from a 12V source, without draining nor charging the battery.
- How far will the remote control work?
The wireless remote control has a range of 5m.
- What are the dimensions of the video camera?
The dimensions of the camera are 4.1 inches or 104.14 mm (L) x 50 (D) x 33 (W) mm and those of the remote control are 52 (L) x 40 (W) x 13 (D) mm.
- The videos and photos give me a slight fisheye effect. Is this right?
Yes it is. We specifically selected a 170° lens to provide users with the really quirky wide angle that was prominent in the early days of helmet cameras, particularly in skateboarding. The effect is less pronounced on objects in the distance and more pronounced on objects close to the camera lens. If you prefer a tighter angle, you can use the camera’s zoom function, or shoot in 1080p. But we think you’ll grow to love this classic hallmark of action sports video.
- How waterproof is the camera?
The Drift HD is designed to be splash-proof, dust-proof, weatherproof, and dunk-proof but not designed to be underwater for sustained periods of time. For most users this level of waterproof-ness is more than adequate. For those users who would like to use the camera in water sports or for scuba/snorkeling an aftermarket waterproof pouch available that may be suitable for the Drift range.
- Why is my 1080p footage jerky when I play it back on my computer?
Raw HD footage requires a powerful computer with a good graphics card to playback smoothly. If you are experience jerky playback, we would advise testing the footage on a HD TV via the HDMI cable (not included): if the footage, if footage is smooth it is likely your computer does not have the required graphics Ram. If smooth playback is essential in this situation, please try recording in 720p. The minimum amount of dedicated graphics ram for 1080p playback is 256MB, however 512MB is preferred.
- Where can I get the full manual for the HD?
At Drift Innovation, we try to keep our impact on the environment down to minimum. As a result our cameras ship with only a short printed quick guide to save paper. The full user manual is available to download from here, Drift HD Manual