Our latest app release for Android devices (OS 2.1+), Drift App 2.6, includes bug fixes and enhancements, which address your feedback and comments. These include:
- Support for the Drift Ghost-S
- Live streaming while recording (Ghost-S)
- Live streaming enhancements
Note: The Ghost-S requires firmware version 188.8.131.52. You can download it here:http://driftinnovation.com/support/firmware-update/
With the latest update to both the Apple and Android apps, you can:
- Access your settings
- Preview your shot setup
- Change camera modes
- Control recording modes (Video, photo, Timelapse and Photoburst)
- Review and download your media directly to your mobile device
Update your Drift App
Please follow the steps below to update your device to the latest Drift App:
Features & Highlights
The Drift HD Ghost and Ghost-S both come with Wi-Fi built-in. Once enabled, your camera can communicate with iPhone 4/5/5s, iPad or Android devices up to distances of 90m (295ft). Through the Drift App, the Drift Datalink™ system allows for full remote control of your HD Ghost. The Drift App is available from the Apple App Store™, and for Android via Google Play™. Search for ‘Drift App’.
- Low latency preview enables extremely fast shot framing and setup
- Preview and download videos and photos directly to your phone for sharing on your favourite social media sites
- Filters media type for playback in gallery
- Intuitive design, easy-to-use interface
- Gives you full remote control of the Drift HD Ghost to record, take photos and change settings
- Setup and playback shots with the view screen
- Monitor your cameras battery life and SD card level
- Wireless connectivity up to 90m (295ft)
- Live stream with the Ghost S while you are recording is only available with the lastest version of Android App
- For optimal connection stability, deactivate the Two-way Remote Control using the Drift camera settings menu.
- The latest Drift HD Ghost firmware is essential for the mobile app to function properly. Updates can be found on the Drift HD Ghost page under http://driftinnovation.com/support/firmware-update/
- For the App to work, the Drift Ghost-S requires firmware version 184.108.40.206. For HD Ghost users, it’s essential the latest available firmware (220.127.116.11) is downloaded to achieve full mobile app functionality.
- For help updating to the latest firmware, please see page 18 of the ‘Drift HD Ghost Manual’, which can be found at: http://driftinnovation.com/manuals/
Requirements & Compatibility
To view our open source libraries used within our app visit the page below:http://driftinnovation.com/open-source/
The Drift App works completely with the Drift HD Ghost and the Drift Ghost-S.
A complete list of compatible devices with the Drift App is listed below.
Devices listed below have been tested for compatibility: